WhatsApp is disabling the GB WhatsApp and WhatsApp plus
WhatsApp has warned users not to use the 3rd party applications like GB WhatsApp or WhatsApp plus which are clone to WhatsApp official app.
WhatsApp is temporarily banning the accounts of those users who use the unsupported version of WhatsApp instead of official WhatsApp app.
WhatsApp recommended to users that to further continue on WhatsApp you should have to download the official WhatsApp application from your respective stores. WhatsApp is doing this because WhatsApp cares deeply about users data and to protect the privacy and security of the users WhatsApp is doing this.
Also, a detailed guide to switching your account with the official WhatsApp app is available on the company’s official page.
Check below for some steps to switch the official WhatsApp app to these apps-
For GB WhatsApp users:
- Go to GB WhatsApp, tap More options > Chats > Back up chats.
- Go to Phone Settings > tap Storage > Files and find GB WhatsApp folder.
- In the upper right corner, tap More > Rename and rename the folder to “WhatsApp”.
- Go to Google Play Store and download the official WhatsApp app.
- In WhatsApp, verify your phone number with OTP.
- Tap Restore> Next on the Backup found screen.
- WhatsApp will load your existing chats from the unofficial app.
For WhatsApp Plus users:
- Go to Google Play Store, download the official WhatsApp app and install it.
- Verify your phone number and all your existing chats will automatically transfer to the official WhatsApp app.