Want to change or update the Aadhaar photo?
An Aadhaar card is a government identity proof which contains your biometric data and demographic information. It is a very important proof for every individual in the country and is issued by the Government of India. However, there could be a situation where you might need an Aadhaar card photo change, and there are two ways of doing it. You can do it by updating information through the Self-service Update Portal, or you can visit the enrolment centre near you. If you want to know how to change the photo in the Aadhaar card, you can do so offline. There is no provision to change the photo in your Aadhaar card online.
As per the government, there is no online process to change the photo in aadhaar right now through self-service i.e.Self Service Update Portal (SSUP).
So the applicant has to do it manually and personally by visiting the Adhaar enrollment centre.
Steps to follow to change the photo:-
- Applicant must visit the nearest Adhaar Seva Kendra.
- Download the Aadhar Enrolment Form from Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) website.
- The form must be filled carefully and as minor mistake takes a lot of time for recorrection.
- The form must be submitted to the executive with biometric details.
- The executive will photograph you.
- You will have to provide biometrics to approve your details.
- ₹25 have to pay for photo updation.
- You will get an acknowledgement slip containing the Update Request Number (URN). It is used to check the status of the change process. No document is required to update a photo on the Adhaar card.
- It may take up to 90 days to get the details updated in the Adhaar card.