What is SEO?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, which is the practice of increasing the quantity and quality of traffic to your website through organic search engine results.
What goes into SEO?
To understand the true meaning of SEO, let’s break that definition down and look at the parts:
- Quality of traffic. You can attract all the visitors in the world, but if they’re coming to your site because Google tells them you’re a resource for Apple computers when you’re a farmer selling apples, that is not quality traffic. Instead, you want to attract visitors who are genuinely interested in the products that you offer.
- Quantity of traffic. Once you have the right people clicking through from those search engine results pages (SERPs), more traffic is better.
Organic results. Ads make up a significant portion of many SERPs. Any traffic that you don’t have to pay for is Organic traffic. With the era of digital marketing transformations upon us, search engine optimization is continually evolving in line with content marketing.
Why Use Social Media for SEO?
The answer is quite simple: if you have strong social signals, your chances of boosting your visibility on search engines is higher. But this is through an indirect effect, not as a direct consequence of your efforts.
Google, for instance, doesn’t take social media share statistics into account when ranking a content piece for SERP. However, Hootsuite tested this in a 2018 study, observing the SEO result of articles that promoted on social media versus those that weren’t. Content pieces with social shares had a 22% boost on their SEO results!
Tips to Increase Visitors on Your Website
Step #1: Create a List of Keywords
Everything in search engine optimization revolves around keywords.
It is why keyword research is usually the first step of any legit SEO strategy.
You can easily find keywords that your target customer searches for using Google Suggest.
Step #2: Analyse Google’s First Page
OK, so you found a handful of keywords.
Now it’s time to see what’s already working for those keywords.
To do that, type one of the keywords that you found into Google.
Scan the top 10 results:
And jot down any patterns that you notice.
Step #3: Create Something Different or Better
Now it’s time to create some super high-quality content.
When it comes to SEO content, you’ve got two options:
Option #1: You can create something different.
Option #2: You can create something better.
Sometimes you want to create something bigger and better than what’s out there.
(aka The Skyscraper Technique)
But sometimes you’re better off with content that that’s completely different.
Because it helps your content STAND OUT.
A few months ago, I sat down to write a piece of content optimized around: “Mobile SEO.”
And I noticed Google’s first page littered with list posts, like: “X Ways to Mobile Optimize Your Site.”
- Social media content is also indexed
- If you produce an attractive piece of content on social media that garners many views, it has chances of getting indexed by search engines.
- The question is whether or not that content is relevant enough for the audience’s search query.
- But this can help attract an audience to your website if it referenced within that social media post. For example, if a post you make on Facebook about a new seasonal sale offered on your website goes viral, your website SERP will be impacted in kind.
- Social media brings in the human element
- SEO is quite technical, but social media is all about human interaction on the web. It is essential because Toward whom are all your SEO efforts targeted? People.
- Social media allows you the opportunity to get to know your audience better and develop valuable insights. It obtained through customer forums or community pages. An innovative way to do this is by integrating a chatbot into your website.
You are Reading Tips to Increase Visitors on Your Website
Build Links to Your Page
Now it’s time to build links to your content actively.
Specifically, we’re going to tap into three link building strategies that are working GREAT right now.
Go visual with videos
- Upload whole videos, no matter the platform: Creating native video content is more impactful than linking to Youtube or your website. Share the video wholly on the platform and add a link back to your site for the interested customer.
- Try telling a story: Your video should address a need that your customers have. The best way to draw them in is through the classic storytelling technique. Using relevant hashtags and keywords to the video can also increase engagements.
- Add a catchy CTA: This could be a direct link to your website or any relevant content. For example, “Sign Up Now” or “Learn More,” which can tie into your broader SEO goals.
Bring Social to your SEO
The internet, in its entirety, is a social place at its core. Focusing entirely on the SEO side can blind you from the perks of increasing traffic to your website through social platforms, and the consequent impact it can have on your search rankings.
Finding success in these strategies is all based on a trial-and-error procedure. Testing each strategy, identifying what works best, and duplicating that success can take your social media SEO strategies to the next level.
Thanks For Reading Tips to Increase Visitors on Your Website. Share your value able feedback.
Read More News Related To Technology Click Here