As the Coronavirus is going a serious topic all over the world, so the regular information regarding the Coronavirus is essential. But it is quite a problem to visit the site every time. So People are being misled into believing hoaxes related to the disease. Which is putting them (and others) at harm’s way.
WHO is launching a messaging service with partners WhatsApp and Facebook to keep people safe from Coronavirus.
This easy-to-use messaging service has the potential to reach 2 billion people and enables WHO to get information directly into the hands of the people that need it.
From government leaders to health workers and family and friends, this messaging service will provide the latest news and information on Coronavirus. Including details on symptoms and how people can protect themselves and others. It also provides the newest situation reports and numbers in real-time to help government decision-makers preserve the health of their populations.
WhatsApp trying to beat fake news on Coronavirus
The WHO-backed service comes just a few days after WhatsApp launched an information hub and donated $1 million to fight coronavirus rumors. Its parent company, Facebook, is also taking aggressive steps to prevent misinformation related to the disease from surfacing.
Now, to tackle this problem, WhatsApp is offering a way to connect with the World Health Organization. And seek complete information related to the pandemic. Now you can get all the information regarding the WHO and Coronavirus quickly.
The following steps are:-
1.) There is a business account of WHO on the WhatsApp, where you can join through the link.
2.) The company claimed that the chatbot-backed service could be used by any WhatsApp user. To access up-to-date and verified information on the novel coronavirus disease.
3.) It covers a variety of topics related to the spread of the potentially deadly infection. Allowing the public to be fully informed and prevent the situation from getting worse.
Steps to join the WHO account:-
- Use the service, first click on this link: http://bit.ly/who-covid-19-whatsapp.
- Then, send ‘Hi’ to the contact.
- This would trigger the WHO bot and generate an automated response with a series of topics related to Coronavirus.
- Now, reply with a number between 1 and 8 to select a topic and get details on it.
- The numbers you will type will get you the answers, and you will get to know about the new Coronavirus and steps. It will stop the myths and protect and prevent you from the different other diseases answer questions you may have in connection to it, like how many people have been infected/killed in your region or other parts of the world.
Right now, only the English language is supported. The new service will be available round the clock, without any charges or fees.
However, as of now, it is only being provided in English, which means a large number of Indians, especially those in rural areas, might not be able to access it.
WhatsApp has promised to expand language support, but those are UN languages, not Indic ones.
Read More News Related To Technology Click Here