The latest version of MIUI comes with a number of new features and visual upgrades over its predecessor.
- Xiaomi has announced MIUI 12
- The company has announced a list of Xiaomi, Redmi device eligible for the update
- MIIUI 12 is currently in the closed beta phase of development
About the Update:
Xiaomi appears to be going ahead with its plans for 2020 and beyond. Only yesterday, the company announced a new smartphone — the Mi 10 Youth Edition — in China and alongside it also unveiled its next-gen Android skin, MIUI 12.
This latest version of the company’s take on Google’s Android OS comes with several new features and visual upgrades over its predecessor. With its upgrades, MIUI 12 promises not only smooth performance. Indeed, It also enhanced functionality with the help of elements. As an updated version of dark mode, AI calling, new privacy and security tools, multi-tasking features, animations, and wallpapers.
Interestingly, Xiaomi also claims that MIUI 12 is also the first mobile operating system that has passed TÜV Rheinland’s “Android System Enhanced Privacy Protection Test.”
Supported device list
MIUI 12 made available starting late June for the following devices –
- Mi 10 Pro, Mi 10, Mi 10 Youth Edition
- Mi 9 Pro 5G, Mi 9 Transparent Edition, Mi 9
- Redmi K30 Pro Zoom Edition, Redmi K30 Pro, Redmi K30 5G, Redmi K30
- Redmi K20 Pro, and Redmi K20.
The second batch of devices includes
- Mi MIX 3, Mi MIX 2S, Mi CC9 series, Mi 9 SE, Mi 8 series
- Redmi Note 8 Pro, Redmi Note 7 Pro, and Redmi Note 7.
The third batch has such devices as the
- Mi CC9e, Mi MIX 2, Redmi Note 8, Redmi 8, and more.
Other new features
It also brings new health features that allow for recording steps and other activities without taking up too much power. Xiaomi says that this consumes less than 1 percent battery throughout the day. For people who have hearing or vocal disabilities. The new overlay brings an AI Calling feature that transcribes the conversation in real-time to help use other response techniques. Other than speaking. Apart from the elements, Xiaomi has announced the rollout schedule for MIUI 12 in China. The rollout will begin for the first batch at the end of June, and the timelines for the second and third batch announced.
Read More News Related To Technology Click Here